Don't Rush the Relationship?
- The objects and people children play with as early as toddlerhood may provide clues to their eventual sexual orientation,...
- 10 Monitoring: How to monitor sexual orientation in the workplace, Stonewall...
- of gay, lesbian and straight panel members in a representative Dutch online sur- vey.1 We in competitiveness can...
- Panel Discussion - Born that way: Is there a gay gene and should it matter In other words,...
- Panelists explore role of sexual orientation in sports The event's panel of speakers included Billy Bean,...
J Speech Lang Hear Res , 61 7 , Hence, it tests speech stereotype accuracy in the context of sexual orientation. Method Twenty-five gay and 26 straight German speakers provided data for a fine-grained psychological self-assessment e.
They were recorded for an extensive set of read and spontaneous speech samples using microphones and nasometry.
Recordings were analyzed for a variety of acoustic parameters e. Seventy-four listeners categorized speakers as gay or straight on the basis of the same sentence. Results Most relevant explicitly expressed speech stereotypes encompass voice pitch, nasality, chromaticity, and smoothness.
However, based on actual sexual orientation, straight men only showed lower mean F1 than gay men. Conclusion Implicit and explicit speech stereotypes about gay and straight men do not contain a kernel of truth, and differences within groups are more important than differences between them.
Please sign in using your ASHA. If you do not have an ASHA login, you may register with us for free by creating a new account.
- TODDLER PLAY MAY GIVE CLUES TO SEXUAL ORIENTATION | SCIENCE | AAAS
- SEXUAL ORIENTATION IS MUCH MORE COMPLEX THAN STRAIGHT, GAY OR...
- A CONTROVERSIAL STUDY FINDS CHILDREN WHO ENGAGE IN MORE GENDER-STEREOTYPICAL PLAY ARE MORE LIKELY TO SELF-IDENTIFY AS HETEROSEXUAL LATER IN...
Youtube Video !
Human Sexuality is Complicated... - Sexual orientation panel track
Youtube Tulsa dating!
pedophilia trying to be a sexuality???? - Free Sex Hookup Site
I would argue that understanding our fundamental biological nature should make us more vigorous in promoting LGB rights. Change is widely used to argue against biological explanations. Follow us on Twitter globeandmail Opens in a new window.
House prepare for their new jobs By Jeffrey Mervis Nov. Method Twenty-five gay and 26 straight German speakers provided data for a fine-grained psychological self-assessment e. Commenters who repeatedly violate community guidelines may be suspended, causing them to temporarily lose their ability to engage with comments. There also seems to be consensus on the finding that, at least for most women, a genital response to a certain person or sexual image will not tell you about that person's sexual orientation.
Sexual orientation panel track.
I n a recent Guardian articleSimon Copland argued that it is very unlikely people are born gay or presumably any other sexual orientation. Scientific evidence says otherwise. It points strongly to a biological origin for our sexualities. I would argue that understanding our fundamental biological nature should make us more vigorous in promoting LGB rights. Three gene finding studies showed that gay brothers share genetic markers on the X chromosome; the most recent study also found shared markers on chromosome 8.
This latest research overcomes the problems of three prior which did not find the same results. Gene finding efforts have
Sexual orientation panel track, as Copland argues, but these are technical and not catastrophic errors in the science. But each of these genes has a small effect on the trait so do not reach traditional levels of statistical significance. In other words, lots of genes which do sexual orientation may fall under the radar.
But scientific techniques will eventually catch up. In fact there are more pressing problems that I would like to see addressed, such as the inadequate research on female sexuality.